Frequently asked questions (FAQs) on MR vaccination campaign
Why is measles–rubella vaccine given?
- MR vaccine is given for preventing both measles and rubella disease in the child.
- To eliminate Measles and control rubella/CRS in the country
Does this vaccine give lifelong protection?
- Yes, MR vaccine gives lifelong protection in most of the children
- Two doses of MR vaccine protects the child from both diseases
Does a combined vaccine of measles and rubella (MR) lead to any loss of efficacy of either vaccine?
- No, efficacy of both vaccines remains the same as when administered separately.
Are there any side effects of MR vaccination on child?
- MR vaccine is safe and administered worldwide under RI program as well as through MR vaccination campaigns.
- Millions of children have been vaccinated with this vaccine safely all around the world.
Who should NOT be vaccinated?
Do not vaccinate if the child has:
- High fever or other serious disease (e.g.: unconsciousness, convulsions, etc).
- Hospitalised children.
- History of a severe allergic reaction to measles/rubella vaccine in the past
Does the child need MR vaccination campaign dose even if she/he has had all her/his routine vaccinations?
- Yes, the campaign dose will be administered to all the children falling between the age group of 9 months to <15 years of age, irrespective of any past history of disease or vaccination.
- MR campaign dose is in addition to RI dose.
Our Lady of Nazareth High School & Jr. College
Station Rd, Chandulal Park, Bhayandar West, Mira Bhayandar, Maharashtra 401101, India
© 2018 The Round Corners.
F A Q